Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 12, or: TEST 2!!!

TEST(2)!

Its test day again! This time I feel like I faired better than last time, even before I checked my score and verified that it was indeed true(by one point, but still). However, as usual, I did the test out of order, starting with the TLAs, and jumping into the parts of each of the previous three sections that I felt to be the easiest, in order. I decided that I will keep starting with the TLAs, because for me memorization is my biggest pain in the rear(hate it). Therefore, I'm always afraid that I'll end up forgetting parts of the TLAs as the test starts. However, this time it definitely was not so. Compared to last time, there wasn't say, USB, that seemed to be given last time as an example but was actually a test question...

Overall, it seemed like the true and false section was the same difficulty scale as last time. Good mix of questions, including the one with the relative date(ENIAC made in the early 1900's?), although I'm as terrible with dates as I am with memorizing facts. However, since it sounded reasonable, on that one I went for true. No complaints or wonderings about the others, that I can remember, but I did debate on that one for a bit.

For the multiple choice, it also seemed that the difficulty was similar, if slightly less. If I remember correctly, there didn't seem to be those questions that included a "none of the above" option, or if so, it was on a topic I was fuzzy with. "NOTA" on a test tends to throw me off, in addition to "all of the above", because it makes me think harder on the relative applicability of the other options, and sometimes overthink it.

For the free response, there were more list based things! Which makes them more on the memorization side. *sigh* Thankfully, some of them, such as the last two questions about data cleansing and the problems with traditional file processing, were halfway between theoretical understanding and memorization. For the file organization one, I remember that there was a certain rolling sound to the list of words, and combined with the one true/false question, figured that "bit, byte, field, record, file, database", sounded better than having field and file next to each other. That one I'm pretty sure has to be right, because the words had a rolling quality when I repeated them to myself.

Eh, time for new stuff. Like last time, what's done is done =D

1 comment:

  1. You got the highest grade in this section, so you must be mastering the material...and don't forget to bring a flash drive with you tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete