Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 14 or, awesome a whole week off intensive note scribbling!

CONTINUES!!

As selfish as this may sound...in all honesty I love how slow paced the demo class sessions are, so that I'm not scrambling to process Professor Tuggle with writing down important bits of the powerpoint with comprehending in the moment what the information is that is being said. That I don't have to scribble in the front row like a maniac, and that overall, this has been a very nice vacation week. Learning to use Access was pretty fun too, given that I'd always overlooked the program on the whole. I wondered what it was when I got my MS software suite, and always confused it with being similar to Outlook, for emails.

The second day of the Access in class demos went a lot smoother than the first, given that we'd already had one go at the basics. Mostly proud of the fact that I remembered what I did wrong the first time, and fixed it! No major problems this time!

Haven't had the time to play around with the screenviews and reports yet, but looking to fit that in sometime this week. Both look like very "nifty" tools, especially screenviews. I liked how it was presented compactly, and we just had to scroll. Question though-how do I add a date to the report? Professor showed us how to move the title to centered position, but I didn't see how the date was done, and it definitely wasn't there...

1 comment: